Emma Watson - Facts
Name: Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson
Date of Birth: 15th April 1990 in Paris, France
Height: 5"5 - 5"6 approx)
Eyes: Dark Brown
- When she was not tutored on set, Emma attended Headington, a school for girls in Oxford.
- Emma took a gap year between her A-levels (spring 2008) and university (autumn 2009).
- Emma is currently enrolled at Brown, an Ivy League US university where she is studying Literature.
- Emma would love to do theatre one day and has said so many times.
- Emma filmed the BBC movie Ballet Shoes during her summer holidays in 2007. Ballet Shoes aired on Boxing Day 2007.
- Emma lent her voice to Princess Pea for the animated movie The Tale of Desperaux.
- During her gap year, she promoted The Tale of Desperaux and continued filming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Emma was the first winner of the Best Actress National Movie Award in 2007, and presented the Award in 2008.
- Emma was invited to light the Oxford Street Xmas lights in 2004 and the Somerset House Xmas ice rink in 2008.
Fashion & Style
- Emma has said that modelling was a way for her to avoid being typecast as Hermione Granger.
- Emma is signed with model agency Storm.
- Though she has been wearing Chanel to many public events, she is NOT the face of the brand.
- One of her beauty must-haves is Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Colour in Enthusiast.
- One of her favourite designers is Balenciaga.
- Emma was 15 when she was on the cover of Teen Vogue in 2005, which made her, at the time, the youngest artist to grace the cover of the magazine.
- In 2008, Emma was featured in a Harper's Bazaar photoshoot with UK's top designers.
- Emma was chosen by Burberry to be the face of the brand for the fall/winter 2009-2010 collection.
- The Burberry campaign was shot by fashion photographer Mario Testino on the banks of the Thames.
- Emma continued as the face of Burberry for their Spring/Summer 2010 collection. Her brother Alex is one of the male models in the campaign.
- Emma also worked with famous fashion photographers such as Karl Lagerfeld and Elle von Unwerth.
Interesting and fun facts
- Emma wore braces for four months in 2005, saying it's important because a smile is for your life.
- Emma has always followed dancing classes off-set, but she also learnt how to waltz for the Yule Ball scenes in "Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire" and took ballet classes for her part as Pauline in "Ballet Shoes".
- Emma was one of the five leaders of her school team for the UK Rock Challenge 2007, and brought her team to the semi-finals.
- Emma is very competitive when it comes to table tennis, she says she inherited it from her parents!
- Emma paints and is interested in photography.
- Her favourite author is Carlos Ruis Zafon and she loved "The Shadow of the Wind" and its prequel "The Game of the Angel".
- Her favourite book is "The Remains of the Day" by Kazuo Ishiguro. (When she was younger, she loved "Naughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman and the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip Pullman)
- When she was younger, she loved Shrek.
- If she could spend a day with a historical figure, it would be Lord Byron.
- One movie heroine she admires is Sophie (played by Meryl Streep) in "Sophie's Choice" because "Sophie retains her dignity and grace throughout horrific experiences".
- She looks up to actresses such as Meryl Streep, Renee Zellwegger, Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman.
- She admires contemporary Mexican directors such as Guillermo Del Toro and is good friends with Alfonso Cuaron (who directed "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban).
- She had a crush on Kevin Costner in the movie "The Bodyguard".
- She used to have a quite obvious crush on Tom Felton when she was younger.
- She gets on really well with her driver, Nigel, who's been driving her ever since her first audition.
- She drives a Toyota Prius.
- She watches US TV show "Gossip Girl".
- She attended her first football game in 2008, saying it made her a true Briton.
- She is not ticklish, she became "immune to it fighting with her brother so much".
- She has two cats (Bubble and Domino) and is a big animal lover: she would often be seen alone in between takes visiting all of the animals that are used on the Harry Potter films.
- Emma loves Nutella. On anything, but especially strawberries. (You can see her eating strawberries with Nutella in the video that was posted on EmmaWatson.com for her 18th birthday)
- She also has a bit of an obsession with toast...
- And she loves Heinz tomato soup, Carluccio's antipasti and cheese.
- Emma says she is not very good at cooking and that her first dinner party was a disaster.
Emma loves her iPod! She has said in the past that she likes artists such as Alanis Morissette ("Ironic"), Regina Spektor, Joni Mitchell's « Blue » album, Damien Rice, David Gray, James Blunt, Rihanna...
Teen Vogue magazine recently provided fans with Emma's playlist. Here what she listens to:On Set
- Semisonic - Secret Smile
- Sarah McLachlan - Building A Mystery
- Jone Mitchell - A Case Of You
- Jason Mraz - I'm Yours (From the Casa Nova Sessions)
- Frédéric Chopin - Nocturne in C# Minor
- Daniel Hammersley - Dance with Me
- Isam Bachiri, Lenny Martinez & Outlandish - Aicha
- Joseph Arthur - Honey and the Moon
- Justin Nozuka - After Tonight
- Vanessa Paradis - Jackadi
- Regina Spektor - Samson
On the Road
- Gabriel Rios - Broad Daylight
- Wax Poetic featuring Norah Jones - Angels (Original)
- Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife
- Poe - Haunted
- Madonna - Beautiful Stranger
- JET - Rollover D.J.
- Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
- Savage Garden - To the Moon & Back
- The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
- Mary J. Blige featuring U2 - One
In Her Room
- Hot Chip - Sexual Healing
- Crazy Town - Butterfly
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Nina Simone - Sinnerman
- Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
- Mandy Vs Booka Shade - Body Language
- Cat Power - New York
- Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Fortune Teller
- Wyclef Jean - Perfect Gentleman
- Nat "King" Cole - L-O-V-E
- Blackstreet - No Diggity
- Universal Hall Pass - Dragonfly
On the Town
- Samantha Mumba - Body 2 Body
- Robyn - Handle Me
- TLC - No Scrubs
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- Prince & The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Blondie - Maria
- Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
- Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
- Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis - Just Dance
- Basement Jaxx - Good Luck
- Britney Spears - Break the Ice
- T2 - Heartbroken (feat. Jodie Aysha)
And on EmmaWatsonOfficial.com, Emma recently said that she'd be listening to the following songs during the Christmas holidays (2009):
- Dog Days are Over - Florence and The Machine
- Never Forget You - Noisettes
- Wild World - Cat Stevens
- The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
- Everything - Michael Buble
- Emma looks up to JK Rowling and has often said that she's the biggest fan of the books.
- Emma gets on well with her co-stars on set. She has a lot of admiration for Emma Thompson, Gary Oldman and Helena Bonham-Carter.
- Favourite Book : Prisoner of Azkaban
- Favourite scene (PS): Troll scene (because she did all her own stunts)
- Favourite scene (COS): Gilderoy Lockheart classroom scene (because of Kenneth Brannagh)
- Favourite scene (POA): Punching Malfoy! ( « Girl Power! » )
- Favourite scene (GOF): The Yule Ball dancing scenes.
- Favourite character: Hagrid
- Emma was born in Paris.
- She has been to many places, including: the US, Italy, Egypt, Japan, Russia, Cuba, Mexico, Mauritius, Jamaica...
- Emma supports UNICEF and asks her fans not to send her any birthday or Christmas present, but to donate to this charity instead.
- Emma was featured with Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint in a TV advertisement for the UK charity Children in Need (Christmas 2009).
- Emma has donated personal belongings or handmade items for auction for charities in the past, including Wild Trout Trust, Sense, DIFFA/Dallas, and Blue Peter's Mission Nutrition.
- During her gap year, Emma was a creative adviser for PeopleTree, an eco-fashion brand.