About sharing personality traits with Hermione (2011): "I guess earnestness -- eager to please and do the right thing. I'm terrified of getting into trouble. I'm very heady in the same way she is, kind of constantly thinking three or four moves ahead. I try and intellectualize a lot, which she does well, obviously. She's very determined. I am as well. I like to think that I'm very loyal in the same way she is, a bit of a feminist in the same way as she is and I will speak my mind in the same way that she does. It's hard to say, really. I feel so much of me went into her and so much of her went into me that I can't really differentiate between the two too much anymore [laughs]."

The Bling Ring on DVD and Blu-ray

jacket3

Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring starring Emma Watson, Taissa Farmiga, Israel Broussard, Katie Chang, and Claire Julien is out on DVD and Blu-ray today.

The Bling Ring is also available via Movies on Demand and iTunes.

Emma Watson and Taissa Farmiga talk about Sofia Coppola’s directing techniques in this clip from the DVD extras.

You need the Flash to see this video.

11 Responses to “The Bling Ring on DVD and Blu-ray”

1. Chris says:

The DVD has no commentary and no deleted scenes, a 20 making of the film, an inside look at the real Bling Ring, a short conversation with Paris Hilton. It would figure that the DVD would be lacking in substance too 😛 But at least a great majority of critics loved Emma’s role in this film.

2. Kristine says:

Love Emma, but she needs to stop trying to do American accents…it is not one of her strong suits!

• Megan says:

You can’t get better if you stop trying. Plus they were two very different accents. There’s a huge difference between Venice Beach and Pittsburgh. Do you think everyone in England sounds like Emma? lol

• Iris says:

I agree. I’m British and live in London and if you drive two hours north or west, you can here already a different accent, and I’m sure the same applies to many countries including the States.

3. fernando says:

nice..! I can’t wait to c it..! Emma,love all the pics..!

4. Sweet_rose says:

Awwwwww, cute cute:)

5. Hermione_Grangerfan says:

I just got done watching the film. I thought it was ok. I didn’t really care to see Emma smoking or acting rowdy. I know that wasn’t her just a character that she was playing. I did like that her character was spiritual in way. Her accent didn’t always sound American. But when her real voice came through I thought it was more beautiful than when she was trying to talk like a Cali-girl.

My favorite scene was when Emma’s character got arrested and she was crying. It felt so real and I really felt bad for her at that moment.

6. irmuggle says:

im sorry but as a movie as a whole it was a waste of time

• Chris says:

I sort of agree. I thought as a whole the cast did a good job, the biggest problem I came across was Sofia’s style, vision, and direction. It’s one of the few films I’ve seen where the vast majority of critics absolutely loved the actors performances, but didn’t like the film. At the end of the day Emma got what she wanted and needed. Her star rose, she worked for a director she wanted to, and she learned some things. For Sofia, this could be one of her final nails because out of 5 films, she’s had 1 hit and that was from 2003.

7. anastasia says:

it wasn’t a waste of time, but they definetely put into the wrong category – it’s a documentary and not fiction. You kind of get an opportunity to see the crime from the inside. And from this point of view it’s brilliantly made.

8. Kristen says:

JUST came!!!! :) Cant wait to see it again!! Emma rocked this dark comedy…