About whether or not she wants to remain an actress (2006): "I really don't know. Daniel and Rupert seem so sure. I don't know. I wouldn't want "Harry Potter" to be the last thing I do. Nothing is ever going to be quite on the scale of this. I appreciate that. And also I've come into acting in such a funny way. Most people who want to act have to sit through hours of auditioning and work their way up, whereas I seemed to have come straight in at the top, having had no experience at all. That's quite a strange position to be in, but amazing at the same time because it has given me so many options and choices. I definitely would like to try other films to see what it's like. I'd really like to try some theater, actually, because I think I would really enjoy that immediate response from an audience. I love making people laugh. I love to perform, but there are so many things I love doing (pauses) Maybe that seems ungrateful. I have been given such an amazing opportunity, but I'll just have to go with the flow and see what happens."

Emma Named Feminist Celebrity of the Year

UNwomen_EmmaWatson_GoodwillAmbassador_2

Emma Watson was voted the top feminist of the year in a poll by Ms. Foundation for Women and Cosmopolitan for her work towards gender equality with the He for She program as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador.

“We celebrate all feminists every day, but today we’re giving a hat tip to celebrities who are helping to promote women’s equality. Every celebrity on the list has either embraced the term ‘feminist,’ spoken out for women’s equal rights, or battled against sexist oppression.” – Teresa Younger, Ms. Foundation President and CEO

The top 10 feminists, in order, are Emma Watson, Laverne Cox, Rachel Maddow, Beyoncé, Cher, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Meryl Streep, Mindy Kaling and Ann Curry.

9 Responses to “Emma Named Feminist Celebrity of the Year”

1. Wobby says:

And than people look strange at me when i say as a man that she is one of my biggest role models..

2. Pika says:

Yeah for Emma! She totally deserves it!

3. Valerie says:

She totally deserves it.
    Plus, as she said, gender is a spectrum and not two opposing ideals.
    I think her UN speech back in September made it quite clear what she thinks about the topic.

Again, she totally deserves it.

4. thedude says:

It’s funny how it’s still HeForShe, though, when the main source of “sexist oppression” seen in the West these days is directed at men.

5. JOHN RAY says:

I wanna see you watson.Where are you???????Im the biggest fan of yours.Biggest!

6. JOHN RAY says:

YOU ARE REALLY GREAT WATSON.AWSOME!YOUR ROLLS IN BLING RING,NOAH,PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER ETC ARE AWSOME!REALLY GREAT!YA EVERY BODY IS RIGHT YOU DESERVES THE AWARD……….

7. Kristen says:

Emma beyond deserves this- very proud of her!!!!

8. Macka says:

congratulation Emma! you deserve it 😀

9. KS987 says:

Go Emma!!! :). She was also voted Hero of the Year by Digital Spy. She truly deserves it, as it takes a lot of bravery to stand in front of the world and make a speech addressing many problems with it regarding equality and being part of a movement to fix these issues and make equality a reality, especially with
    many either in denial or wanting inequality to continue to benefit from it or just
    to spite other people. Keep fighting the good fight Emma. We are with you every step of the way.