First Colonia Trailer Released
The first trailer for Florian Gallenberger’s Colonia has been released. The film stars Emma Watson, Daniel Bruhl and Mikael Nyqvist and premiered Sunday at the Toronto International Film Festival. No release date has been announced.
“Chile, 1973. Lufthansa flight attendant Lena (Watson) is in Santiago to visit her boyfriend, Daniel (Brühl), a talented graphic artist creating images in support of embattled President Salvador Allende. When Allende is violently ousted, General Augusto Pinochet’s forces begin rounding up dissidents. Daniel is taken to the remote stronghold of Colonia Dignidad (“Dignity Colony”), home to a secret agricultural commune and crypto-fascist sect led by sinister minister Paul Schäfer (Michael Nyqvist). Daniel is interrogated and tortured, but feigns severe mental deterioration to stay alive. Valiant and wily, Lena travels to Colonia and offers herself up to Schäfer as a follower. She is determined to find and free Daniel — but first she must ensure that she herself can survive Schäfer’s crushingly oppressive, viciously misogynistic practices.” – Tiff.net
New Colonia Poster and Still
The world premiere of Colonia takes place today at the Toronto International Film Festival. Emma is in California to film The Circle but she has released a new teaser poster and a still from the film on her facebook and twitter accounts.
September 2015 Calendar
Congratulations to Hilary, our winner for the September Calendar Competition!
Honorable mention to Monica and Hélène. Thank you to everyone that entered, and thank you to those who voted. All the competition entries can be viewed here.
September Calendar Vote
We have a new easier faster way for you to vote in the calendar competition. If you have a google account, just sign in then go here to view the calendars and rate them with 1 to 5 stars. No more trying to choose one favourite, opening multiple windows, or having to write your choices in an email. If you don’t have a google account, you can still vote the old way below.
Remember, you only get to vote one time. Do not vote multiple times from different emails, and do not ask your friends to come and vote on your calendar. Let’s keep the competition fair.
To vote without a google account.
- View the calendars here. Click on the thumbnails to see a larger preview image. Take your time, make sure you scroll all the way to the end and check out all the calendars.
- Choose your favourite 5 calendars, and write down their numbers in order, from best to 5th place. You don’t have to choose 5, you can vote for just one if you like, but you can vote for 5.
- Send your vote in an email to email@example.com .
Voting is open through September 1, 00:00 GMT.
Emma at Regression Press Junket in Madrid
September Calendar Competition
The September Calendar Competition is now open.
- The size of the calendar should be at least 1024×768. Higher resolutions are good. Widescreen is also allowed.
- Calendars must be in a common graphics format such as jpg, tiff, gif or png.
- It must have Emma-Watson.net and September and it should have the dates. It should be mostly original work, and images used should be respectful of Emma’s privacy.
- The deadline to submit calendars is August 28.
- No more than 3 entries per person. Please send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma’s Message to Fans from D23
A first look at Beauty and the Beast debuted at Disney’s D23 Expo on Saturday. No footage or photos have been released but attendees were raving about Emma in her yellow dress. Emma did not attend but did record a brief message from the set for fans.
Regression to Open San Sebastian Film Festival
Alejandro Amenabar’s Regression is set to open the 63rd annual San Sebastian Film Festival for its world premiere on September 18. The film stars Emma Watson, Ethan Hawke and David Thewlis. The San Sebastian Film Festival takes place in San Sebastian, Spain September 18-26.
Regression will open October 2 in Spain, “followed by key territories, including Germany, UK, France, Italy, China and Korea later this Fall”.
Emma on Gender Equality in the Fashion Industry
Emma Watson leads a discussion about Fashion on Gender Equality in this video from Vogue magazine.