January 2015 Calendar
Congratulations to Monika, our winner for the January Calendar Competition!
Honorable mentions to Jia, Neha, Yasmine and Elena. Thank you to everyone that entered, and thank you to those who voted. All the competition entries can be viewed here.
January Calendar Vote
Voting for the January calendar is now open.
Remember, you only get to vote one time. Do not vote multiple times from different emails, and do not ask your friends to come and vote on your calendar. Let’s keep the competition fair.
Please make sure you write your choices in the order you like them. Your favorite should be first, then next favorite, etc.
- View the calendars here. Click on the thumbnails to see a larger preview image. Take your time, make sure you scroll all the way to the end and check out all the calendars.
- Choose your favorite 5 calendars, and write down their numbers in order, from best to 5th place. You don’t have to choose 5, you can vote for just one if you like, but you can vote for 5.
- Send your vote in an email to email@example.com or in a PM to me on the forums to dookdookdook.
Voting is open through January 1, 00:00 GMT.
Merry Christmas Emma and Happy Holidays to All!
Click the image to view the Christmas card to Emma.
Emma Named Feminist Celebrity of the Year
Emma Watson was voted the top feminist of the year in a poll by Ms. Foundation for Women and Cosmopolitan for her work towards gender equality with the He for She program as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador.
“We celebrate all feminists every day, but today we’re giving a hat tip to celebrities who are helping to promote women’s equality. Every celebrity on the list has either embraced the term ‘feminist,’ spoken out for women’s equal rights, or battled against sexist oppression.” – Teresa Younger, Ms. Foundation President and CEO
The top 10 feminists, in order, are Emma Watson, Laverne Cox, Rachel Maddow, Beyoncé, Cher, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Meryl Streep, Mindy Kaling and Ann Curry.
100th Calendar Competition
This will be our 100th calendar competition at Emma-Watson.net. In the early days, our monthly calendar was created by site staff. In October 2006 we began selecting our calendar from fan submissions, and later, fans chose by voting for their favourite. I want to thank the many dedicated fans who have sent in hundreds of entries over the years, and I want to thank the dedicated fans who take the time to vote.
The January Calendar Competition is now open.
- The size of the calendar should be at least 1024×768. Higher resolutions are good. Widescreen is also allowed.
- Calendars must be in a common graphics format such as jpg, tiff, gif or png.
- It must have Emma-Watson.net and January and it should have the dates. It should be mostly original work, and images used should be respectful of Emma’s privacy.
- The deadline to submit calendars is December 28.
- No more than 3 entries per person. Please send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma on Colonia set in Buenos Aires
The Holiday Season is here! Time to start our Holiday Project for Emma. Send in your messages, artwork, graphics, pictures, poems, stories, anything you like, to wish Emma a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays, in your own way. Follow the link below for more details.
Emma at the British Fashion Awards
Emma Watson attended the British Fashion Awards in London on Monday evening. Emma received the “British Style Award”, presented to her by last year’s winner, One Direction’s Harry Styles.
You need the Flash to see this video.
December 2014 Calendar
Congratulations to Macka, our winner for the December Calendar Competition!
Honorable mentions to Yasmine, Monika, Dianna and Jia. Thank you to everyone that entered, and thank you to those who voted. All the competition entries can be viewed here.